HOUSE RULES AND REGULATIONS
GORDON CANYON RETREAT
We strive to maintain a picturesque, fun safe and clean environment for all our guests to enjoy during their stay at Elk Haven in the Gordon Canyon Retreat House. The amenities include custom furnishings and a spa, therefore, we request you abide by the following rules and regulations for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone:
1. Check-in time is 3PM. Checkout time is 11AM. Alterations may be pre-approved at the discretion of the management based on cleaning staff availability and on house being rented before or after your stay. At time of check-in, the remainder of the total fee is required to be paid by credit card or cash. Checks are not accepted. ALL customers are required to provide a government issued ID. If you don’t have a credit card, a $350 cash refundable Security and Cleanliness Deposit is required.
2. Guests are responsible for any damage to the house and surrounding grounds. We expect the house and the grounds to be left the way they were when you arrived except for a general housekeeping service. IF YOU SEE ANY DAMAGE WHEN YOU CHECK IN, NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY AND WE WILL MAKE NOTE OF IT SO YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED. *
3. Smoking is ONLY permitted outside of the house away from open doors and windows. Smokers must dispose of cigarette butts in an ashtray. A $350 minimum cleaning fee for smoking in house. *
4. No operation of ATC/Quads/Dirt Bikes on property. You can drive in and out (if street legal) while heading to and from the trails, but recreational riding in the park is prohibited.
5. Our facilities are for registered guests and approved visitors only so that we can maintain the safety and security of our property. Unapproved visitors are NOT allowed at any time. For each unreported guest you will be billed $100 per day.
6. This is a non-pet house. Pets are NOT allowed inside.
7. Linens/Towels can be exchanged for clean replacements every 3 days. If you need you need fresh towels and sheets every day (You change the sheets), we will provide them for you for $25 per day. *
8. When using the inside fireplace, keep the screen CLOSED to prevent sparks from hitting the floor or furniture. You will be responsible for any damage. The flu has been open prior to your arrival. Also, burn only the wood supplied or purchased from a store, as some woods cause excessive smoke. Do NOT bring in wood from the forest.
9. A $100 minimum cleanup fee will be charged if the house is left excessively dirty (including dirty dishes). If our staff must wash or re-wash your dishes there will be a minimum fee of $50 in addition to the non-refundable cleaning deposit of $75.00. *
10. Please feel free to enjoy the outside deck area. If you are going to roast marshmallows, roast them ONLY at the OUTSIDE fireplace, NOT over the fire pit in the coffee table or inside fireplace. Please be careful not to drop them on the concrete deck, they make a sticky mess that is difficult to clean.
11. There is a maximum of 6 people permitted in the Spa at one time. NO children under the age of 12 are permitted without direct adult supervision. PLEASE SHOWER before using the Spa. Excess body oils and lotions can cause the water to become cloudy, foamy, and/or discolored and decrease the filter efficiency. When using the Spa, remember that there are certain health risks associated with using Spas. Use at your own risk. DO NOT press more than one function button at a time. This can affect the programming and cause the Spa to discontinue heating and/or filtering. The Spa cover is for insulation purposes and not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT stand or climb on the cover. When not using the Spa, PLEASE LEAVE THE COVER ON so Spa will stay warm. Management reserves the right to restrict use of the spa.
12. There are 4 propane tanks: one in the BBQ, one in each of the heat lamps, and one in the coffee table fire pit. PLEASE turn the equipment completely OFF when not in use.
13. A $50 minimum cleanup fee for graffiti, cigarette butts, confetti, streamers, silly string, balloons, airsoft pellets (BB’s), bottle caps or other items improperly disposed of. *
14. A $50 minimum lost/non-returned key charge. *
15. Wi-Fi and Direct TV access may be limited due to weather or service interruptions and is not guaranteed. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH TV BOXES SOUND BAR ETC., DO NOT CHANGE SETTINGS ON THE TV.
16. No cleaning fish in the house.
17. This is a rustic mountain environment. Therefore, guests are responsible for taking precautionary care of themselves and their guests on the hilly, rough terrain at all times, especially in the winter months. We are not liable for any accidents, injuries or loss of any kind. Also keep in mind there are wild animals such as Elk, bears, deer, skunks, raccoons, birds of prey and others to be aware of.
18. Any firearms must be disclosed to the management upon arrival. Additionally, paintball and BB guns and other firearms are not allowed for use on the property.
* Additional fees will be charged to your credit card.